choice of clutch

kirko

well ive had an exedy organic now for three years its performed well it feels heavier than standard but ive got used to a beefier left leg :?

its only really rated at 360 bhp ish i know its not an exact science and depends on how the individual drives but im running in excess of 400 bhp so i predict i will need to replace it sooner rather than later :oops:
any recommendations on a clutch that will handle this sort of power :?

i wont be going any higher than 450 bhp ish (theres always an ish)
i know theres quite a few different ones out there because i did a search (yes noobies a search)
i dont want to shell out over a grand for a clutch if i dont need to so any recommendations?

(dons flame proof suit)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Twin Plate SuperClutch with Organic Plates and Custom Billet Flywheel...

Rishi

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I had the superclutch in mine but decided it was too strong for my needs (400-450 as opposed to 500-750!!!). I went for an RPS in the end as it was more road biased and fit for purpose. The superclutch was a good piece of kit though. Dooie (stu) also runs the RPS but I guess it depends how 450ish you're talking.

Jjim

Dooie Pop Pop

now i know the RPS Max street does have its critics but iv had mine in my car for 14months now so i guess that means i can comment 1st hand as it were....

during the time in which i have had the clutch (no fidanza flywheel) iv been running somewhere around the figure you mentioned and just lately...a little more:D now bearing in mind its an organic...due to doing 4 runs in 30mins i actually got mine so hot last aug at the pod that i slipped the clutch on the launch all the way through 1st and 2nd and even a little 3rd:shock: :doh: it stank real real bad for ages(weeks) afterwards. despite this after an hours cool down and a gentle run followed by 5 more full pelt runs that day. in late september i had some work done on my gb and upon inspection my rps was prenounced 'fubar' or fried to buggery if you like. it went back in as i had no funds for a decent twin plate and its still there to this day:-D

iv done 7 1/4 runs this year running more power than i was last year and i use it for 95% of my daily driving too:thumbsup:

i reckon it maybe getting a little tired now though:lol: if i hadn' t fried it id expect to be getting plenty more use out of it 8)

hope that helps, Stu (waiting for the flames)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
in late september i had some work done on my gb and upon inspection my rps was prenounced 'fubar' or fried to buggery if you like. it went back in as i had no funds for a decent twin plate and its still there to this day:-D
Friction plate worn?

Not had any problems with mine yet, but then I've nowhere near your power.