Checking Std Turbo Info - I'm Getting Confused

A

Anonymous

The following info is on a 'sticky' above so I'm assuming it's correct, I also assume that S13 etc refers to the Silva, S14 200sx and so on, it's just I've just asked the SXOC and they are giving different info. :shock:

S13 SR20DET: T-25, 60 trim 56mm BCI-1 compressor, 53.8mm 62 trim
T-25 turbine, .64 A/R turbine housing. Journal bearings.

S14 SR20DET: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing,
62 trim 53.8mm T-25 turbine. .64 A/R turbine housing. Ball bearing center section.

S15 SR20DET: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing with Inco turbine wheel, cast divider wall between turbine discharge and wastegate. Ball bearing center section.

Pulsar GTi-R: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in standard T-3 housing. 79 trim 53.8mm Inco T-250 turbine wheel .86 A/R turbine housing. Journal bearings.

I am looking for a T25/28 hybrid or a T28BB for my MX5 turbo project looking for low lag and 220bhp ish at 12psi, if I'm reading your sticky correctly:
S13 - T25 (they said T20)
S14 - T28/25 (they said T28 NOT BB) plus isn't that hybrid the wrong way around ie more lag less boost ?
S15 - they agree on that but V rare.

They sad GTiR had BB turbos - that's wh I'm here - and now confused.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Mark

S

Sirnixalot

they are wrong.

The info i listed is correct and accurate.

Also the S13, S14, S15 turbos are al lthe Japanese versions. The UK S13 had the CA18DET in it so that turbo may have been a smaller T-25.

I would say go with the S14 or S15 T-28....they are on ebay quite often or if you want one brand new check this out

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-002&Category_Code=GRT

If you are certain aobut your 220bhp power cap then this turbo will give you super response but might loos a bit of flow on the top end

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-001&Category_Code=GRT

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info but to clarify the turbo specs you quote are for the Jap spec cars ? Apparently they frequently get different spec turbos to the UK ones.

Is there anywhere I can get a better idea on their characteristics - ideally dynos of cars with them fitted - I tred the Garrett site and many others with little success.

Mark