CDF crank pulley

P

pulsarboby

in one NO
they will destroy your front main oil seal, the damper nissan fitted is there for very good reason!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
in one NO
they will destroy your front main oil seal, the damper nissan fitted is there for very good reason!
SNAP! I said something very similar on the modifier's... then wasn't sure if I was right about it or not.

P

pulsarboby

i may possibly have a good s/h one if you dont wanna pay nissans £300+
if so then pm me gav and il check tomorrow for you

nimhbk

in one NO
Dam Bob I hate you! lol

i like my new new blue crank pulley, on the bright side my car never moves, and the engine is still on the engine stand from 3 months ago so i can say it looks good with the other 2 blue pulleys

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
4 years I've had a CDF pulley and never had an issue with it.

Far better than the "tat" Forge one that I got once...

Mr B

Worth noting Erics performance has genuine rn14 crank pulleys available at the moment at better costing than Nissan dealers & as the the standard units are damper units for crank resonance control: your crank, bearings,timing chain, cams ect will thank you for using one ... Standard units lasting 18+ years is very good ... expect quite a few owners have failed or failing pulley damper bonding ... Don't think CDF do Nissan pulleys any more & hopefully most of what they did sell has been weighed in ...

Last edited:

Mr B

I bought one for an engine being built up but was missing a pulley, final price was about £150 as $ low & no import duty but duty is down to luck, far cheaper/quicker than dealer & sourcing an 18 year old at best used one didn't seem best option. Unfortunatly US shipping costs take away a big part of initial gains of sourcing parts from US & most parts we a sourcing are quite heavy & costly for fast secure shipping ...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In my experience, if you let FedEx anywhere near it you're guaranteed to pay the duty... plus their admin fee for clearing it and paying on your behalf. - Last time I bought parts from the states (admittedly for an espresso machine, not a car) it cost me more in shipping and duties than it did in parts.
It's the same story though; I couldn't find a reliable supplier of the bits I needed in the UK, whereas the Americans give the customer service.. so they got my business.

Mr B

Shipping was to thailand not uk so slightly more flexible on import duty payments, uk more of a problem but from stuff I have had in the past I pay when goods have arived or not get them, no letters via post ...