Carbon Canister on RHS of bay

ki_saj_ng

hey all,

just got a question about the carbon can (black) on the RHS of the bay, it has three nipples on its lid.

yep, u know the one, can anyone just run over wtf this is and run over the plumbing for it, im just a bit worried that i may have connected it up wrong :?

ki_saj_ng

thought it had summat to do with the fuel.

ok, now whats the way to hook it up?

also, any1 know what the thin rubber hose which runs along the rhs wing (with the loom) is?

thanks

JIMMYBACK

ki_saj_ng said:
thought it had summat to do with the fuel.

ok, now whats the way to hook it up?

also, any1 know what the thin rubber hose which runs along the rhs wing (with the loom) is?

thanks
erm it too dark to look ill have a look n post on of my findings tomorrow ok :D

ex-gtir

small one goes to rh side off plenum and one large one goes to vacum pot on back of plenum and other large one vents back to tank
mike

JIMMYBACK

silly question mike do u need the canister at all cos ive been told u can get rid of it......and in affect this will help wiv fuel pressure :shock: :wink:

O

Odin

ex-gtir said:
uk cars dont have a carbon canister :wink: just block the pipe going back to tank
Do you just block off the two vac pipes as well then :?: .

cheers

rob

JU5TY

vpulsar said:
ex-gtir said:
uk cars dont have a carbon canister :wink: just block the pipe going back to tank
Do you just block off the two vac pipes as well then :?: .

cheers

rob
Yeah how about the three pipes coming off the top that go to plenum, vacuum pot etc, just block them off as well?

ki_saj_ng

when you say right hand side of the plenum, do you mean the one thats just in front of the main intake? i thought this one was a connection for the boost pipes?

can anyone get some pics of this as this may be causing my turbo to play up.

also, is there anything to gain by removing it or is that just something for the weight saving freaks? a whole 0.5kg!

ki_saj_ng

also any1 got the answer to this, just trying to get all these loose ends fixed as maybe these are adding to my engine probs.

thanking you!

nismoboy

is it worth removing this then? what do u do when your mot is due? will it fail on emissions if this is removed?

JU5TY

I take it we just block off all pipes to the canister when we remove it then???

I assume I can also remove the map sensor/pipe seeing as I don’t have the stock boost gauge anymore?

JU5TY

I’ve just removed the Carbon Canister. :D

Not sure about the map sensor, might have to study the wiring diagrams, unless anyone else knows if it can be removed when the stock boost gauge isn’t used?
I cant imagine it is required without the boost gauge seeing as we use an Air Flow Meter.