Carbon Bonnets

91_GTi-R

Hey all,
is there a certain place you can get the carbon bonnets that are the brown color like this?

please any info would be great thanks
cheers
alex

Last edited:

Godzilla

would be nice with a red or blue weeve not too keen on the brown (might be kevlar) as when i worked at tvr we had kevlar that was a yellow weeve but looked brown at different angles

paz

CarbonfiberFX based in canada used to do them with a coloured weave if I remember correctly, but they're expensive.

91_GTi-R

i knew whos car it was cause i took that picture from his thread because i wanted to see if anyone had any information on where i can get one of that color

soin

im sure that bonnet is kevlar .. i remember reading that in justys " members r " post, awesome car

JU5TY

Sorry for the late reply, not been on the forum recently.

Yeah the yellow (not brown) weave is kevlar, the bonnet was bought from CFX, I wouldn’t recommend them, never received the bonnet vents which I paid for!

Boooooost

Sorry for the late reply, not been on the forum recently.

Yeah the yellow (not brown) weave is kevlar, the bonnet was bought from CFX, I wouldn’t recommend them, never received the bonnet vents which I paid for!
The guy who was CFX's UK dealer went bust and took all our money with him Jeff Stokes IIRC.

R

riske

CFX is now out of business? tried the website but no luck. Wonder if there is any chance in persuading Knightracer to make a few Carbon Kevlar bits. I'll send him mail now.

JU5TY

From what I remember Jeff blamed CFX and they blamed him, not knowing either party personally I don’t know who was at fault. Just very unfortunate a lot of people lost their money!
I wrote that money off a long time ago, I can’t complain with the quality of the bonnet, I’m actually pretty fortunate as a lot of people received the items damaged.

The above was a drop in the ocean compared to Checker Flag, I ordered £2.5k of parts on behalf of a friend which never arrived, every effort was made to get the money back without any joy.

R

riske

F**K!! 2.5K down the drain! Thats an expensive lesson to learn.
Fancy selling your bonnet?:whistle: