car holding back

gtir bean

my car was holding back and poping etc under full boost earlier.the dump valve was sticking sometimes so would that make it run like this?it was never sticking open past 0.5 bar.it did feel crap when it stuck but lift off the throttle ang go again and it was fine.i met an evo 7 and got raped by it because it was running cack.i just took it out now after a fault code check and all clear and it was running spot on again.would the fact that it wasnt getting all the air that was going thru the afm making it run rich mess up the ecu for a short period?

Dooie Pop Pop

yes :lol:

run your hand across the bumper above the exhaust that will show you what you want to know ie black soot from unburnt fuel :wink:

gtir bean

iv had the car 18 months and never met an evo and the one time i do it runs like a bag of nails.i was completely flat like the timing was retarded.

Dooie Pop Pop

thats your own fault for ignoring an obvious fault :wink:

beaten by an evo? how embarrassing, :roll: this will no doubt lead to 'i beat a pulsar' threads on the mlr...i wont tolerate that shit :evil: :( :roll: :oops: :cry: :wink: :lol:

go out and hunt that pig down asap :lol:

gtir bean

i will do.its not the same dumpvalve thats been on the car since i got it.i think he is running 1.5 bar so would prob be quicker anyway.

gtir bean

plugs are fine.the car is fine again now.it was just on a long drive with the dumpvalve sticking the ecu must not have liked it. :roll: going to get a new spring for the dump valve and it should be fine then.