Car feels like it's on ice!

youngsyp

antgtir said:
If its on the back, take a look at the rear tie bars. With a good thump these can bend, they dont need to be bend alot to give you problems.

These bars are used to align the rear wheels. The nuts holding them to the rear sub frame are acentric so a turn will pull the bars and hence the wheels in a specific direction.

Worth a look.

Ant.
Is that as opposed to eccentric ? :lol:

I think this has been asked before but, what type of engineer are you again ? :lol:

Paul

P.s. Iirc, it's the lower rear most arms that can be adjusted in this way only and it's a cammed bolt that makes the adjustment.

Last edited:

antgtir

I know what i mean :lol:

Civil by the way lol, i build the roads we like to drive on, the buildings we live in and the drainage you .............well you know what i mean :lol:

Self learning mechanical engineer (slowly)

Ant

A

Adamantium

Solved it.
Rear passenger side tyre had 7psi. Low profile tyres + the rear not having much weight on it made it look normal (well that's my excuse anyway!)

antgtir

At least i had focussed in on the rear of the car, it was only a matter of time.

Glad you sorted it, i presume you have damaged the tyre from the bang you had? If you haven't already replaced it or checked it at least, do so. You may find that an egg on the tyre sidewall will develop and potentially burst i.e. blow out, something you definately dont want at any sort of speed.

Easy problem to fix in the end, bargain.

Ant.