buying from atp

j10gtr

the turbo will hold around 1.6 bar and it spins up real quick 4000ish full boost at 4500ish. i managed to get 396 bhp with leaking manifold gaskets
Which gear was that in ??

If its in fifth then its a bit more laggy than a t28.

Im interested very much in this turbo but just not sure on the lag. too lagy is jus not for me just looking for a but more power and similar lag if possible. I have also looked at the HKS gtrs but im still looking for feed back on both turbo's.

Thanks
Paul

00sid

that was in 4th gear, you wont get a better spooling tubby if you want more power then standard one puts out. unless you just get a roller bearing t28 with standard size comp wheel and turbine.

j10gtr

Thanks for that

if your ever this way perhaps you would like to take me for a spin so i can see how it spools.

Thanks
Paul

stugtir

i got mine from atp and got them to mark the value down as 100 dollars! i think i paid around £35 import tax/duty

i would definatly recomend getting the fitting kit!

-i had to modify my oil feeds etc with a die grinder! :shock:
-two holes on the dump pipe didnt line up with the studs on the tubby more die grinder action :lol:
- i had to make up a bracket for the actuator( very fiddly) buy atp one!!!!!
-3'' inlet wont clear the block/gearbox casing (even more die grinding action!!!!!!!! :evil: )

other than that the turbo is brilliant! spools up really fast and makes good power

i got the gt28rs with the.64 trim

car made 336bhp on 1.1bar 8)

heres a pic of it installed:

GINGA

00sid said:
that was in 4th gear, you wont get a better spooling tubby if you want more power then standard one puts out. unless you just get a roller bearing t28 with standard size comp wheel and turbine.
What a/r is your turbo ( 0.86?) as I swear the 3071r makes 1.6bar just over 4k rpm :? its a 0.64 a/r though, I'll check to confirm that though.
Ahh just read you had leaking manifold gaskets you'll probably see it hitting full boost nearer 4k rpm with that fixed 8)