buying from atp

kirko

im looking at buying a turbo from atp in the states i know quite a few peeps on here have already dealt with them succesfully,so id just like to know did you have to pay import duty etc. and how long did it take from ordering to receiving it

ashills

u will have to pay charges this end if they done labels as a gift or mark the shipping value as $50
what turbo u looking at ?

Keira

wont be direct fit either

a little sodding about is required to get them to fit, no real bother though

Keira

got to spin the compressor housing and make up actuator bracket, might have to do something with the oil return, cant remember.

pm 00sid hes done it and think he got his from atp 8)

GINGA

Atp do a very nice actuator bracket for fitting the gt2871/gt28rs onto transverse sr20's all for about $70 8) http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...D&Product_Code=ATP-WGT-011&Category_Code=VSR2
You will also need to make up new inlet and outlet pipes
modify your oil return as the bolts holes are slightly different
enlongate the top closest to engine dump pipe bolt hole a bit as the dump pipe stud spacing is slightly different.
Nothing hard at all really and well worth doing 8)

O

Odin

I'v bought loads of stuff from them and they offer a very good service in my opioin 8) :wink: .

rob

J

jiw

out of all of the companys i have ordered from they gave the best service thats including delivery too, quicker than some uk company's, id say go for it, im happy with my turbo :wink:

nismoboy

gt2871r. i know they say will flow enough air for 400bhp but exactly how much at a push could u really get out of it :?: and whats the maximum amount of boost this turbo can be run at? cheers.

E

Edd

yeh lets hope they actually put all your order in the box

and the ignore you and tell you to f*ck off when you complain :roll:

ashills

or u could get it through me as i can get them off turbo dynamics with all the actuator bracket ready made (and a guarantee lol)
cant match the yanks on price though before u ask

J

jiw

put it this way i ordered a turbo from atp on a friday night, uk time and it was at my local sorting office for the following tuesday lunchtime, now thats service, the one mistake i made was that i was led to believe that the gt28R was a direct fit however it needed just as much work doing as the gt28RS would need, hence i wish i bought the gt28RS, jeff.

00sid

yeah ive got a gt2871r from apt and you will need to buy there actuator bracket for a transverse mounting sr20. i had to mod this mount as well because i went for the largest comp housing they do, with the 4" inlet.
the turbo will hold around 1.6 bar and it spins up real quick 4000ish full boost at 4500ish. i managed to get 396 bhp with leaking manifold gaskets :( so i need to remap and it should make more i hope. :)

apt do a fitting kit aswell for all the water and oil lines but i made up my own oil feed line with alloy fittings from aerotec.

GINGA

:? the standard oil and water lines should fit ok, well at least they did on my 3071r which is the same core iirc :?: its was just the oil return that needed some messing with as the bolt hole spacing was different and the larger compressor housing was getting in the way.

00sid

yeah they do with a standard manifold but i used a moddifed ss autochrome one. :)