burnt out me clutch

K

kleetass

hi all im new to all this R stuff the guy i got the R from had put some chep crap clutch in the beast i took it to santa pod sunday on the 3rd run it fried is it possible to change clutch without taking the hole engine out

plus one more thing the rev counter does not read right it sits at 5ooorevs
on tick over any ideas

thanks klee

J

jiw

ive heard it is possible to change the clutch without dropping the engine out but when trying this it seems virtually impossible, just drop the engine and you will have it done twice as quick, oh and the transmission is heavy, also what clutch are you putting in, im getting one at a discount price, two maybe cheaper, ill speak to the lad when he gets a minute.

as for the rev counter, try fiddling with the plugs around the coil and distributor, jeff.

K

kleetass

im gona try one i found online it a black dimond power clutch a 130 notes
i have to see what happens with it if that goes i'll have to get a helix organic one for 300 notes

p.s do u know where i might get a good dial set from
as mine only goes to 110 mph

nice klee

J

jiw

I dont think the black diamond clutches are up to much in terms of handling abuse, best purchase once then the car wont be in bits all of he time, i dunno much about the dials mate, mine is an import showing 180kmh on the face, obviously this now reads in mph, maybe uk clocks would work from a sunny gti?? jeff.

K

kleetass

cheers jeff think you might be right on the clutch thing what is the one you are going to get im now gona go for the helix organic in the long run i think i'll be better off at least i'll spend more time on the road than off ah i suppose you only get what you pay for in this world.

nice 1 klee

J

jiw

AP racing mate its one that has never really let me down as ive used them in a few cars, though i dont know much about the helix but if price effects quality it should be a good one, good luck, jeff

E

Evo Eater

HKS super paddle clutch all the way mate. i got one. wouldn't have anything else. its not cheap but its the business price round about £460 HkS import solutions 01934 419666

GINGA

Ap organic should hold just about anything you throw at it :wink: steer clear of paddles imho as the gearboxes don't seem to like them to much and there horrid to use day to day :(

J

jiw

Oh and the pucks brake off em too, plus they wear quicker if you launch a lot, so ive heard :roll:

MarkTurbo

GINGA said:
Ap organic should hold just about anything you throw at it
Even pulling away in 3rd gear quite a few times :wink: :lol: As i found out recently when i broke 2nd gear and 1st was jammed. You do look a bit of a knob pulling away from traffic lights though :oops: :oops: :oops:

K

kleetass

nice one guys just ordered ap clutch i'm gona take photos of the hole ordeal and i;ll post them so we all can have a right good laugh :roll: :lol: :cry: