Broken shockabsorber bolt.

GTI R RA

Pardon my bad english...
Just broke one of the three bolts for the shock absorber in the engine bay as it was screwed on to thightly.
I got a spare one and I wonder if there are any "short-cuts" for replacing it or if I have to take apart everything.
The car works fine sitting on two bolts, but I want to get it sorted, I have tried to illustrate on the pic.
Any input would be great.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You might need to get a new piece (bracket-front strut mounting insulator 54322-50Y00) as Nissan don't list the stud seperately.

GTI R RA

If the stud is the same as that one the nut is on (bad english on me again) it is OK as I have just removed one from a spare damper, just used the hammer.

Granite-GTiR

The same thing happened to me but on my G-Force coilovers, you will have to take the shock off the car, the studs are machine pressed.
I managed to get the remainder of the stud out of the topmount by putting the topmount in a vice with long 19mm socket over the stud head (i.e. the underside of the topmount). By doing the vice up, the stud should be pushed out of the topmount and into the socket. Use the same method to replace the stud but with the 19mm socket on the top face of the topmount.