Brembo Brake Upgrade

Mark N

I'm looking at upgrading my brakes. I've been looking at the 310 wilwood kit and a Brembo conversion. I've decided to go with the Brembo calipers because there seems to be more choice in discs and pads.

A few years ago on the forum somebody was selling Brembo kits for the R, can't remember who this was but if anybody knows are they still doing them?
If nobody is selling them can anyone remember what calipers the car was off, I think it was an EVO and If you can buy the mounting bracket from anywhere? Also if anybody has a mounting bracket I can copy that would be a good start or if someone can give me a design of one I should be able to make one up myself.

Cheers

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Godspeed do one i think - (www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk)

I got some Brembo caliper brackets from them, and used a Brembo kit off a Seat Leon Cupra R off eBay...the discs needed locating rings making for them (£60) but it worked out cheaper that way for me.

They also do some decent 4 pot non brembo kits for good money too.

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

90YAZ

how about ap racing kits??
does anyone do kits or anyone no any good web site's for ap racing calipers??

Mark N

The AP brake kits are good, its just I didn't want to spend more on the brakes then the cars worth!

I have the brembo kit on my car from godspeed,Trying to get new disks, have emailed and phoned and emailed and 2months on i still have no disks:roll: :doh:

Boooooost

Godspeed are a joke suprised they manage to keep going, service is attrotious. The kit I got took longer to come than it should, discs were grooved not drilled as ordered and I never recieved the braided lines that i'd paid for or a refund for them. Had to get some from goodridge made up. They never replied to e-mails and it was rare that the phone was answered.:mad: I think theres a deal going on at the mo for Wilwoods.

Mark N

I have managed to get some brembo calipers off a RS focus.
The brembo kit of the GTIR should be 308mm, can somebody please tell me the offset of the disc they are using or even better what car the disc was designed for. Once I've got the correct disc I can start making the brackets up.

If I can get this working without to much hassle I can make the brackets up for other people, this will be alot cheaper option then buying the kit.