braking balance?

Paul20

i know there are many threads about brake upgrades but not quite what im after. i am thinking of upgrading to the hispec 335mm monster 4pots but is there a possibility they mite be too good compared to the standard rears? any views welcome thanks

dobby

you are right. when i brake hard the back seems to want to spin me round. i want to upgrade the disks and pads of the rears. bracpan has done the rears recently and he says that the balance is much better.

Paul20

so, as for options for the rears it looks like either the hispec kit or the kit from godspeed. i think the kit from godspeed retains the rear calipers and the hispec one, new calipers are supplied. i think i may have to invest in the godspeeds

G

GTI-R Kid

There was talk a couple of months ago of a Wilwood conversion for the rear, using new calipers and discs. Don't know what happened to it, but I'm sure if you do a search for Wilwood its bound to bring up something.

MarkTurbo

With 4 pots and bigger discs on the front you'll get more weight transfer to the front under heavy braking. More weight transfer to the front means the rear of the car will be lighter so by increasing the rear braking force you'll actually be making the problem worse ;-) :der:

Paul20

hmm, good point. i just picture the car looking a bit weird with bigger brakes upfront and standard on rear. maybe 300mm disks on the back with standard calipers that godspeed do would look and feel a bit better