Brakes..

turbazz

May Sound like a silly qs but i dont know.. If i uprated my front to willwood could i put the orignal disc and calipers to rear?

Animaldaz

Anything is possible with time and money but you would have to fit an additional hand brake caliper. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
No. The vented discs from the front are too thick to fit the rear callipers.

As above; if you want to throw time and money at it, you could make them fit. - The issue is that you need a handbrake, so either different rear callipers (off another car?), or a second one for the handbrake.

gtir_pimp

have you got big brakes and are they on the car yet? you will realise you dont need big rear brakes if you have 4pots on the front, the difference between them and standard are night and day!

warringtonjack

I have to say that having a huge set of brakes on the front, and basically standard on back, does make the car a tad unstable when braking within a corner. I find myself trying to scrub off most if not all speed before entry, the couple of times I have had to keep braking heavily after turn in, the rear seems extremely light! No doubt a nice new set of whiteline goodies would help, but not sure how much a better set of rears would help. :noidea:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
the rear seems extremely light! No doubt a nice new set of whiteline goodies would help, but not sure how much a better set of rears would help. :noidea:
Add some rear bias or braking torque and that should help to counteract that.

Braided lines, high grip rear pads and grooved discs help to balance it out on my car :thumb: