Brakes HELP!

G

GtiR kID

Hi boys and girls dont know if you can help me out on this but basically when my pads on my R get hot they stick to the brake discs, which causes the car to brake by itself. After theyve cooled down they become free again but stick again once the brakes get hot? It's the passenger side that sticks more than the drivers side bcos you can see smoke coming from the back of the disc.

Any ideas appreciated?

Thanks Kev

Ricky_GTi-R

The caliper could be ceasing/expanding with the heat causing it to stick after the brakes have been applied, then once the metal cools it will shrink back to its normal size meaning it will free off again.

G

GtiR kID

Thanks For the info, I've replaced my pads 3 months ago they've covered 600 miles max, im using redstuff pads and ebc drilled and vented discs. I've been told the master brake cylinder mite be on its way out, ne1 else got any ideas?

P

pulsarboby

its not your pads that are sticking, its the caliper seizing, as stated above.
you'll probably find that the piston is corroded, and jamming when hot.
you need to remove calipers and have a good look at them, or get some recon ones!

J

jpward

pulsarboby said:
its not your pads that are sticking, its the caliper seizing, as stated above.
you'll probably find that the piston is corroded, and jamming when hot.
you need to remove calipers and have a good look at them, or get some recon ones!
Second that notion,

Mine were doing the same with "Green Stuff" pads all round and i went and got 4 sets of seals and new pistons took a couple of hours and replaced with new 1144 mintex all round and is like a different car! Although brakes still standard pant fillers :lol:

B

bassman188

jpward said:
Second that notion,

Mine were doing the same with "Green Stuff" pads all round and i went and got 4 sets of seals and new pistons took a couple of hours and replaced with new 1144 mintex all round and is like a different car! Although brakes still standard pant fillers :lol:
hi mate could you possibly tell me where you got your seals and pistons for your brakes from?
cheers