Brakes have crapped themselves.

D

DOT2DOT

Done my first trackday in the R there today. The first few laps were excellent and was passing everything and then my brakes crapped it. My pads went metal to metal and then my caliper burst and the fluid boiled etc etc. Was wondering does anybody do trackdays and what what sort of brake setup is working for them. Would I just need braided lines and a 4 pot kit, or would I need to uprate the master cylinder and servo etc? Is there a way I can cut the abs out of the system - i hate it.

S

Stoned

My Hi-Spec 4 pot / 300's didnt skip a beat in the 20 mins I thrashed them for. They were very confidence inspiring

N

Ninj-r

Bigger discs, bigger calipers, braided lines and DOT 5.1 brake fluid and you should be fine.

J

jpward

Here mate was that you on your way back last night when i passed you at wet and wild? i was in the RS

If you knew this day was coming then you shoulda had 5.1 at least in the car! Braided lines will help the feel of the pedal only but bigger disks and multi pots seam to be the order of today i'll be trying to get a new pipe made for my own car today will let you know if the boys in newtownabbey can sort us out with hoses :wink:

PS you can take the abs fuse out and as far as i can remember the system works as normal also if the abs light was on the abs shouldnt cut in as system failure will shut it down in case it cuts in when you lightly touch the pedal and then bumpety bump!

abyss

i had my abs fixed but i didn't like the feel of it so i took it out again. I prefer driving without it if your after a cheap 4pot kit rallydesign seem to be the cheapest for the wilwood 280mm conversion.

D

DOT2DOT

jpward said:
Here mate was that you on your way back last night when i passed you at wet and wild? i was in the RS

If you knew this day was coming then you shoulda had 5.1 at least in the car! Braided lines will help the feel of the pedal only but bigger disks and multi pots seam to be the order of today i'll be trying to get a new pipe made for my own car today will let you know if the boys in newtownabbey can sort us out with hoses :wink:

PS you can take the abs fuse out and as far as i can remember the system works as normal also if the abs light was on the abs shouldnt cut in as system failure will shut it down in case it cuts in when you lightly touch the pedal and then bumpety bump!
Yes mate, that was me, I was on my way from Kirki with no brakes. I had a good Idea it was someone off here because I think you were talking to my mate the other day aswell and he said to me about the RS Turbo-D. Took the caliper off tonight and its knackered - seals are melted out of it and the piston went clean through the pad lol. No point replacing it with a standard item so ill be looking out for a cheap set of 4 pots. Will also need wheels though because im on standards at the mo.
Thanks for the help guys!

J

jpward

He was being cunny funt about my 2nd motor was he now!
I'll remember that when i down that way again :lol:

I was heading down to Bangor to get a V-tec controler for my mate thought it was you thou i hear theres a few ricky lakes round you seen the red gti at GP's last week with the R spoiler though it was you when i drove in!

Melted seals! broken pads!! You an olympic squater? Suppose you steering wheels bent to from all that force 2 :lol:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=562

Seam to do a good range though there is a group buy on at the min at

http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=37420

Seen a couple of your pics on RSM nice inside rear lift :lol: but surprised not to see any of billy thou hear he ran away with the 1/4's was that even against the 360? :lol:

D

DOT2DOT

Theres a red one with white comp-mo's - its a 1400. Guy is a bus driver from saintfield. Aye heard Gibson got a Gti one. Bought it off Gordon Crokard I think. Theres also meant to be a red one with a fmic and standard bonnet going about, but I havent seen it yet.