brakes and front mount

W

westy_y2k3

i definatly need new brakes on front at least, do i get 4 pots or some standard size only drilled/grooved if so any clue as to where a can get them. also does any one reckomend a front mount intercooler if so where could one get one and are they ok to fit as ave heard you need air con system removed to get it sorted thanks .

Braveheart

Up rated brakes are a wise investment as the standard brake are none to good. A front brake kit could set you back a few quid though and range between £500 - £1300. Willwood kit is probably about the cheapest with AP racing one of the more expensive options. Like anything, you get what you pay for. The size of kit depends on that size of wheels you have. 285mm disks will fit under some 15" but not all. You sould be able to fit 310mm disks under 16" + rims. Do a search as there has been much discussion on here regarding which brake kit to get.

If you are not using the car on the track or driving like a man possesed on the road, you could get away with fitting black diamond disks all round and fitting up rated pads (red stuff)

You can get a front mount from here:
http://www.flat4online.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pName=front-mount-intercooler-fmic-nissan-pulsar-gtir.
I have not fitted one but beleive it can be a footer. You will need to cut your bumper and do a bit of grinding and turn your screen wash bottle round.

Hope this helps.

W

westy_y2k3

hi thanks for the advice its got 17 inch white wheels on so should fit in nice plus am a technician at ford so front mount shouldnt be a prob to fit plus owed a few favours of bodyshop lads. so fingers crossed thanks again for the advise.

Matty B

Hi pal. I recently fitted new brakes all round on my r. I went for standard discs but with 40 grooves per disc and red stuff pads all round. They cost me 260 pounds for the lot and so far seem very good. I could probably find the phone number if you want it, pm me if you want it. Also, i bought a FMIC from flat 4 online, it took bloody ages to arrive but it was well worth the 200 quid. Took some fitting mind you, but the only thing you lose is washer bottle, AC stays (result) Just send me a message if you need any more info.

W

westy_y2k3

just ordered the 4 pot 308mm conversion should be here tomorrow cant wait just need braided hoses all round if you guys have any ideas where to get them from.

W

westy_y2k3

still not recieved brake kit apparently he is wiating on the calipers a think he is taking the p*ss any one else had probs with godspeed

EVOBAD

ul be waited 6months for your kit mate plus you should hav the lines with the kit,ther good kits but ther very slow to dispatch the orders

W

westy_y2k3

lol great yea am bidding on braided hoses on ebay might have to make do with some standard pads for a while as there close as fook but if i ask for money back i could have the same problem else where wat we know as snookered am ringing him tomorrow lot of money to have nothing to show for it for 6 months

W

westy_y2k3

been onto him again this week al get them for next weekend thank god plus got my steel hoses of ebay £10 bonus cant wait to get them all on well over the moon :)

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Got a set of 4 pot Brembos on mine + 308mm discs from a Seat Leon Cupra 'R, needed brackets from Godspeed & a custom centre locating ring for the discs but they have been the best thing I've bought for the car ( bar the turbo :) )
The stopping power is awesome, i can shrug off huge speed in a very short space of time with no fade.

My mate on the other hand had some standard size Tar-Ox discs + redstuff pads on his & he's already cracked 2 lots of discs with the amount of heat generated in trying to bring the car to a halt.

My advice is save the pennies and get some 4 pots - Wilwood kit ( either 280mm or 310mm ) is quality and you won't have to fanny abot like i did with custom centres for the discs. You won't regret it and it'll improve times on trackdays and fill your big wheels!

Cheers,

donpulsar :)