Brakes Again!

M

monk2

Hello
Just bought a 98 Almera GTI and I'm looking to upgrade the front brakes.
I know they are the same as the GTiR and was wondering if you guys can help?
Is it possible to convert to 280mm setup used on Primera GT and N16 Almera?
I have read a lot of the threads on here and realise a big brake kit is the recommended route. But as its my second car and I don't want to spend a lot on it.
I had been hoping to use a spare set of calipers from my R32 but that looks like too much hassle!;-)

If this has been asked before I apologise but I couldn't find it on the search ;-)

C

Chris G

Don't know if the calipers will fit. I couldn't get 200sx 4 pots to fit with 280mm discs, though they may have fitted with 310's, definately with 325's.

I've some spare 280mm discs if you want to make me an offer, they've been skimmed so are all straight and have some meat left on them. Just be cheaper than buying a new set and finding you can't get the calipers to fit :)

M

monk2

Thanks for reply. I realise the 4 pots would take a lot of work but had been thinking the sliding single pots of the primera or late model s13 may go on. Also the renault clio 172, megane coupe etc use a 280mm 4x 100 pcd disc has anyone tried these? The details on the EBCdirect website look promising when compared to almera/GTiR discs. I think 1mm larger centre bore and 2mm height difference.

williams

Id be interestd to know if the primera gt calipers bolt straight on aswel. Can get a set of evo3 calipers for 70 but think primera brakes would be cheaper.