Brake pipe

P

PF

Has anyone ever had problems with their front to rear brake pipe? I have just failed my mot for both near and offside being heavily corroded. The place that did the mot were not sure how much it would cost, as they are used to 1.1 fiestas etc and not 4 x4 rally cars (his words not mine). What needs to come off (fuel tank etc)?

C

clive760

nightmare

its a nightmare mate i changed some last year never again its not so bad if u got a lift prices very £50-£150 all depends who does them

O

Odin

I broke my N/S rear brake pipe when I stripped the underside of my car :cry: , I thought it would have a conector at the rear somewhere but it doesn't :roll: its about 8 bl00dy feet long :shock: and runs right from the rear to the front lol.

I can't remember if you can get at it with the tank in place , But I dropped the rear subframe and fuel tank to do mine and its not a nice job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

It only cost me about £15 to replace it though but I have all the right tools for the job 8) ;-) .

Rob

Shaun

Hi mate,give em a bit of a rub with emerycloth first to see if,or how badly pitted they are,sometimes their not as bad as they first seem,then if their not too bad give them a coat of grease.

P

PF

The place that did the mot have never worked on a Gti-r so were running scared. They estimated best case scenario £300, worst £450. Its something I would like to do myself but I just dont have the equipment or space. Its going into another garage in St.Albans, that are more familiar with performance cars and have done a load of work on pulsars, tommorow so hopefully they can give me a better price.