Brake Lights

Garef

My car failed it's mot on Friday, one thing, no brake lights. Had a look at it on Friday night and managed to trace down what I believe is the problem, we checked all th fuses and managed to find a bad one, well we though, cos the fuses isn't blown, there's no power going through it, any suggestions on how to go about fixing this, or should I just call an auto electrician, cheers.

youngsyp

It might be worth checking the brake light switch on the back of teh brake peddle ?!

As for the fuse socket having no power, the only thing that will point to is a broken/cut cable. Have you checked the back of the fuse box ?

Check earthing points too, in the boot and under the bonnet !

P

pulsarboby

as paul has said its most likely the switch on the pedal! the wire may have come adrift or the contacts may need cleaning in it.
its just a simple on off switch with a spring and 2 contacts. if theres no contact being made there then the rest of the circuit will be electrically dead.

Garef

Fixed the brake lights, but do u need a reverse light to pass the MOT, cos mines is gubbed and there's no power getting to it as above. F*cking joys of owning yer fav car eh.

Garef

Cheers lads, let's hope my new brake discs arrive in the morning and I'll be off the the mot test centre, woo hoo.