bottom ball joint

1&onlygti-r

having problems getting one to fit, i have had 3 different makes including blueprint and none of them fit they are approx 1mm to big, i have asked for standard nissan sunny ones and gtir ones with no joy anyone help

jjs

Hi just fitted two yesterday, when checking the sizes appear 1 mm to big, removedthe paint, and pressed them in in avice, tight fit but do fit, hope this helps.

Jonesy

They were ball joints for the gti, measured 1mm bigger than the ones that were fitted, but pressed in using the vice, a bit of a pain in the **** but fitted ok.
Got them from jap parts on the net.

1&onlygti-r

what did you do to get them to fit i measured the new ones and were approx 1mm to big but just couldt get them to go in, had them on a press with 10 ton of pressure and still would go in.

Jonesy

We removed the paint/plastic coating from the edge of the ball joint that you are pressing in and cleaned up the hole in the wishbone. It was a bit awkard getting it to go in square, but once it was sqaure it seemed to press in ok, it did take a bit of force, but that was only using a vice. So shouldn't be a problem with a press.

GTIR-LOZ

i just bought the whole wishbone from a motor factors 30 quid iirc comes with the ball joint in it

1&onlygti-r

just ordered another pair of blue print ones as i took the others back get them tuesday il try to fit them then thanks for the help

creedy

i got some of ebay and they were sumit like .2 of a mill to big but with a bit of carfull filing i got it to fit easy with the aid of a vice.