boost problem

goshko

This morning, on the freeway my car felt like it wanted to stall during a second or two. I then decide to pass someone so I step on it. To my surprise car wouldnt boost over 6 psi. It goes up to 6 no problem but wont go any higher... I will do a fault code check tonight when I get home from work but can anyone tell me what this could be ?

goshko

it hesitated and since then it wont go higher then 6 psi. It also seemed to be hesitating a bit before I got to work.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That sounds to me like the wastegate actuator; as Ollie says, you might be in limp mode because it sounds like the boost solenoid isn't opening... that is if you're running a standard boost control setup.

Like that man says, do a fault code check. - If it's nothing serious it might have cleared its self by the time you check, and you'll find the problem has gone away.

goshko

I will do a fault code check after getting home from work tonight... it would give the ecu more then enough time to get codes out ... will keep you guys posted !

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it goes into safe mode it has a major problem and won't rev high enough to come on boost.

Is this on the factory boost gauge or an after market one reading in psi or bar? Factory reads in mmHg, so 6 is about standard.

It could be sensing det as that cuts boost and retards the ignition.

Do you still have the factory boost line from the plenum to the top mount. It has a restrictor in it that raises boost by a couple of psi or so. Without it, I think you run 5psi.

goshko

everything is stock ... and the problem is solved ! we had really bad weather here yesterday and its really humid i am guessing water got into it ... everything was good on my way from work !