boost problem need help!

LeeB

alright guys hopefully someone can help me with this, iv been havin trouble with the boost on my car for ages now after much thought I decided to take it to an "expert" who after looking at the car and having a poke about told me the actuator had had it which I had been told before so I had it replaced and after looking at the old one it was definitley bust but still the boost still is'nt there, iv had 3 differant mechanics look at it now and still no joy. The best way I can describe is with the car running if you load up the engine you can seen the piston in the BOV fluctuate, not open or close fully or smoothly it kind of bobbles up and down as if the boost is trapped or not circulating fully, i need to know whats up so i can fix it cause im after selling up asap as i need a car for the family and the pulsar is immaculate apart from that so any help would be more than welcome, cheers

Tim

If you think the BOV is to blame, remove it from the loop and see if it cures your problem.

LeeB

How do i remove it from the system? im not that clued up engine wise so you'll have to excuse my stupidity!!!

Mist-R

take it off and securely block up and pipework that is left open after removal. Normally just one big pipe the BOV fits in to and the small vacuum pipe that opens and closes it.

streetcredgtir

My mates pulsar had a bailyes venturi which done the exact same as you describe he got a different one and it cured the problem

Some people say that bovs are not all that great, but i heard best one is hks ssqv , i had a fse dump vale which worked fine as this is the one my friend had on his

darkyGTI-R

I had the same problem with twin piston Bailey DV26,the piston just stayed open and wouldn't boost very well,but saying that I have the 4 vacuum hoses from the throttle bodies mod which basically gives more vacuum and a better sound with a decent dv.I changed mine for an R2D2 Sard dv which sounds great and stays closed when it should:) so problem gone

LeeB

cheers pal im waiting for a lad i know
with one to try it on mine if not il pm you and sort it out