boost control after engine rebuild

A

Anonymous

hi there, just got my car back after engine rebuild done nearly all the bedding in but the car has got unlimited boost on all the settings on the boost controller(BLITZ DUEL SBC R). was wondering if anyone has diagram of how to fit it as i think that it has been plumed in wrong?? from the solinoid there are 2 pipes :eek:ne to the actuator and the other to the pipe with the air filter on it??is this wright?? i dont really know how it works but could this be causing a vacum keeping the actuator shut hence unlimited boost?? :?: :?

A

ard1ey

From the sounds of it that pipe which is going to the air filter intake pipe should be going to the intake manifold instead. If thats not there your actuator will never see any pressure and won't open the wastegate. :shock:

A

Anonymous

dos anyone have a a diagram of how it should be? and how does the turbo gain work??

the controller read 1.53 bar when i put my foot down but surely the fuel pump would not be able to cope??

What would be a great help is having a picture of someone elses engine bay as i am not very mechanicaly minded!! :oops:

Shaun

:wink: If i were you,i would stay off the boost until you have sorted it out,otherwise you will be looking at another re-build :shock:

A

ard1ey

Yeah, stop booting it or it will go bang!

If you look at the big picture in this thread you need to find pipe number 5 - the pipe to the intake manifold. It is connected to the manifold near the thick black dump valve pipe and has its own connection. This pipe should go to the IN side of your Blitz solenoid. You might not have the 3-way connector or pipes 6 & 8. Once its sorted you will probably need to block the pipe which is going back to your air filter or it will suck in unmetered air.
Try here for operating instructions, as I don't use the Blitz and have no idea :)