Boost coming up through oil filler cap??

OleH

I took out and checked the PCV valve yesterday, it seemed to be OK. I also checked the ventilation hose on the other side of the rocker cover, and there were no obstructions there either.

Slunch

Ok sounds like the pressure test you did then. Interesting. I'd keep an eye out for blue smoke when pulling away after idling, for the hell of it I'd do cylinder compression test as well while you're at it. If it all looks and feels right when you're driving it, it probably is. I'm not a mechanic though. There are a few on here who could chip in and give you better advice.

geoff pine

The logic of what you are trying to do has escaped me but then I'm only a plumber :lol:you did of course disconnect any pipe work from the inlet manifold and blank them off .

geoff pine

I pressure tested the piping from the turbo all the to the intake, to check for boost leaks. At approximately 1,5 bar i heard that the pressure came up through the engine oil filler cap.

Is this normal?
I'm new to this site, so hi! My background is BMW master tech
and I have my own garage and I'm an Aussie:)
m
can I ask what the problem was for you to do the vacuum leak test?
I would be more inclined to do a smoke test for that?
I'm with this idea he is a master tech who works with bmw's :thumbsup:

OleH

I have been tidying up in the engine compartment, moved the battery to the boot etc. Therefore I wanted to do a quick test of the vacuum system to make sure there were no leaks.