boost and clutch

GTIR1000

just before i took my car to the garage to have gearbox rebuild and new clutch. I noticed that when the the car was idling the rev counter was at just over a thousand revs then some times when i dipped the clutch ready to move away the rev counter would go up to about two thousand. thsi would also stick at two thousand when i stop at lights for example and lift my foot of the clutch to wait. i also noticed that on my boost gauge the needle was sitting in between 0 and -5 when foot was not on throttle where as before when it was staionary the boost would just drop to -5 and increase as usaul when throttle was applied. what could be the cause of these two problems. sorry if i mumbled abit through out this post

C

Crazy

Sounds like my car :p

My car idles at just under 1000rpm once warm but then it sticks at 1200rpm at the traffic lights and then when I dip the clutch it goes to about 1400rpm and it is really annoying :x

Checked all my boost pipes and they are fine so its not an airleak :roll:

Have done a search on the forum as it has been mentioned a few times but not many people have found the cause :?

Going to give the car a service in a week or 2 and see if that helps :wink:

B

Brett G

Mine did the same thing a couple of times when I first got it but it hasn't done it since and I never did find out what caused it. Don't know about the boost :?