Booooost / Fuelling?

nickg123

When i got my Dawes device, i installed it as instructed but then when Mike (Ex-gtir) saw it, he showed me that basically they'd not sent it out with the proper connections, as i was basically using it as a bleed valve!

He kindly re-installed it for me as it was supposed to be done.

When i tried to adjust it, i realised that i needed to now tighten it up to increase boost which is fine......... but for some reason - since having it setup this way, i get a real lag when changing up through the gears, ie - when in 1st you boot it and it takes off really well, as soon as you change to 2nd and boot it - it's like it's gone back to standard boost, and then gradually increases through the revs.....

It can't be the Fuelling as when using it as a bleed valve the car was fine - i was wondering if maybe i just need to increase the boost a bit more, as it's still only around 0.9 bar, so do you think there may not be enough pressure to open the device properly until the revs increase or something??

Does any of what i said make sense :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.........

E

Edd

If you can remember, fit it back "like a bleed valve" and see if it still does the same.
You might have another problem that is just coincidental with swapping the dawes around.
Sounds like its taking a long time to spool up, you havent lost the ball inside the dawes have you?

nickg123

Hmmm i can't really re-fit it as it had two attachments on which i didn't worry about keeping - i think you're right about spooling up but then why would it go fine if you're just coasting along and boot it?

It only seems to have a problem when you put your foot down having just changed gear - it's really weird............

I want to get it sorted as my mate with a Calibra Turbo pinned me in 3rd and 4th when i had a car full - he was loving it!!!!!!!

turblio

Hi a mate of mine had a similar prob and I cleaned his dawes device out
and found a lump of rubber in it! once removed it was fine also check the hose to the valve is not blocked at all
Frank

C

caz

When i got my Dawes device, i installed it as instructed but then when Mike (Ex-gtir) saw it, he showed me that basically they'd not sent it out with the proper connections
What connections did you get. I just got the dawes!