boooooooost

A

Anonymous

have the greedy profec b spec 2 set on low boost at 1.00bar

air was cold today went out to drive the gti-r about

launch 1 overboost 1.07 bar :oops:
launch 2 overboost 1.17 bar :eek:
launch 3 overboost 1.25 bar :shock:

what the fcuk, better lower the gain, could this be the weather, as the air filter and dump valve were louder than ever, felt good 8)

if anyone has the same boost controller can u give me ur settings for the different boost levels.

iam experiementing with the boost.. 1.3 bar anyone :wink:

Moved to tuning :wink:

O

Odin

I think you might find this get's moved matey :wink: .

BANZAI NOW IN JION OUR ROLLING ROAD DAY 4.12.04 @ PTS

And do you mean JOIN :?: :roll: .

ROB :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Move the gain closer to sharp and reset the boost levels, if it persists change the dip switches on the back of the controller to the overboost setting.

A

Anonymous

Move the gain closer to sharp and reset the boost levels, if it persists change the dip switches on the back of the controller to the overboost setting.

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

:cry: :oops: tuning, lounge, its general r discussion, not a problem, just general discussion would cold air waether lead to overboosting?
pls don't move it or i'll bring out the face again :evil: :x :evil: :x
:oops:

banzai, should be covering the rolling road day, so the link is for anyone to jion

geetee

my R was overboosting by 2psi yesterday for some reason. maybe it is the colder air - dunno.

haven't been out in it today though.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

cheers ben and gee tee can u pm me ur settings for ur boost levels when u next go to ur car, e,g 1.00bar, 1,10bar or 1.20bar will do and also 0.98bar if u can

gain was at 90% then when i hit 1.25bar :shock: :D wound it back down to 50%

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
I think you might find this get's moved matey :wink: .

BANZAI NOW IN JION OUR ROLLING ROAD DAY 4.12.04 @ PTS

And do you mean JOIN :?: :roll: .

ROB :lol: :lol:
opps just got u vpulsar, will change it :oops:

geetee

I would but my Profec is still in it's box unused until I get my clutch changed - so let me know!

Scarily, I've bypassed the standard boost controller as I had a bleed valve on it (now removed) so the pipe from the plenum goes straight to the actuator, which should give real low boost. But it was boosting 12psi until it started peaking at 14psi yesterday.

I think it might be my reworking of the actuator rod to valve connection that's added a bit more preload to the actuator or something.

Let me know the settings if you get it worked out :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Keira

mines hit 1.5bar :shock: several times now, what a quality piece of kit the avcr is :roll:

should be 1.3 max.

the cold weather seems to reek havoc with them, i end up forever f*cking about with the duty on it every weather change :roll:

mr legacy let me say ringlands to you :lol:

i honestly believe the only reason mine hasn't gone tits up yet is due to the water injection, as i'm sure olly could confirm, when i had the safc the knock reading was no worse at 1.3 than it was a 1bar, if i ever get another sensor for my knocklink i'll try my little experiment that me and discodave did again, it would appear theres enough fuel there for 1.3bar but in cylinder temps might be to high without the wi.

If i can ever be @rsed, as we were going to do it before, i'll get alan to chuck the old wide band probe up the exhaust and see whats really happening, also want to re-wire the avcr to show duty on the injectors to see how close they are to maxxing out, but with my new project on the go time is precious, still it wouldn't take long and would be good to know for sure 8)

Got a tomie ecu thats overfueling on a pretty much standard set up thats surplus to requirments and was planning on plugging that in to the black car to see whats what so i might pester al again and do it all at the same time, a few runs at 1.3 with the standard ecu and another with the tomie ecu.

A

Anonymous

turbo cars like the cold weather boost will be up a bit, and you have chosen a good time for the rolling road day, expect some high rr figures

Keira

20legacy said:
kieron said:
mr legacy let me say ringlands to you :lol:
you've lost me mate :?
2 much boost, insufficient fueling/cooling bye bye ringlands i.e fooked pistons, hello rebuild :(

1.3 maybe fine on standard fueling and just front mount, after all didn't someone run at 1.4bar on top mount last time at pts and showed no problems what so ever for the short time it was on the rollers ??

A

Anonymous

kieron said:
1.3 maybe fine on standard fueling and just front mount, after all didn't someone run at 1.4bar on top mount last time at pts and showed no problems what so ever for the short time it was on the rollers ??
he had forged pistons and a hks 2.1 engine, and ran 340bhp according to mag

Keira

Read that, but not sure its quite right

not according to ashills who was there, sure he said it was standard and he just whacked the boost up.

who was it anyway ???

GINGA

Ash's car had a full engine rebuild with forged pistons etc running 1.4bar on standard ecu,injectors,turbo and topmount and produced 349bhp and 330ish torque iirc 8)

Keira

I've not listened properly again then :lol:

So i'm right in thinking the car would still det if the standard fuel map wasn't spot on ??

Just the pistons wouldn't start breaking up being forged ??

or is it a case of the standard cast jobbies disentegrating under the boost pressure regardless of whether the fuels spot on.

Still, on the 4th we'll see how happy the engine is at 1.3bar on the standard fuel map, if i get alan to take part in a little experiment it may be higher.

Theres definately no obvious signs of det on my car, and i'm positive the standard map provides fuel for way over 1 bar just hard to say how much more without monitoring everything. Speaking to olly some time last year when i picked something up off of him i'm sure he said he'd had his on something at his work and everything was fine 8)