Bonnet prob

G

GTiRich

Hi guys. When i was fitting my 4 pots on sat i had the bonnet open to top up the brake fluid. When i went to shut it it wouldn't shut :shock: Changed the locking mechanism over today and it still wont shut :evil: Any ideas wats up with it??? Really annoying me now

G

GTiRich

PMSL did he ever get that sorted?? Hope so. It's frustrating enough not being able to shut one let alone open it :evil:

OZ-Racing

Not sure :?

I can't think of any reason why your bonnet would suddenly not shut.
You haven't gone and left any spanners lying aroynd the edge of the engine bay, have you?
Also, have you made sure the bonnet release (in the car) has sprung back in.

Can't really think of anything else.

G

GTiRich

Yup i double checked for spanners and it was all ok. The bonnet catch in the car is back to its normal position. I doused the mechanism in WD40, i swapped it for a new mechanism and doused that in WD40 too. So frustrating :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OZ-Racing

You may need to adjust those little rubber gizmo's in the front corners (above the headlights). They have a thread on them and vary the rest position of the bonnet.

Don't see why they would have moved though :?

S

stomski

GTiRich said:
PMSL did he ever get that sorted?? Hope so. It's frustrating enough not being able to shut one let alone open it :evil:
nope :x :x

theres no give in the handle thing at all, so i think its seized up-b!oody cars :x :roll:

G

GTiRich

I'll have a look at them then when i get a spare minute in daylinght. If i cant get it sorted i might invest in bonnet clips :D they look pretty cool. Stomski i think u may have to introduce mr crowbar to mr bonnet lol

S

stomski

GTiRich said:
I'll have a look at them then when i get a spare minute in daylinght. If i cant get it sorted i might invest in bonnet clips :D they look pretty cool. Stomski i think u may have to introduce mr crowbar to mr bonnet lol
LOL :D :D :lol:

mr crowbar will be introduced shortly to mr bonnet, its due an appearance me thinks!

keep ya posted :wink:

A

ard1ey

Rich, have you got aircon? On mine the big silver pipe with rubber covering that comes over from the bulkhead touches the bonnet so maybe it could be stopping yours closing :?:

G

GTiRich

Cheers for the suggestion mate but it's deffo not that. It was fine the day before. I just opened it to put in some brake fluid and it just wont close again. If i push it down it'll close but it just wont stay closed :evil:

I

Innovate Performance

real silly but the lever is pushed back all the way so it is ready to open the bonnet again cause this will cause this fault.

G

GTiRich

Sorry i'm being thick, Which lever do you mean??? I swapped the complete mechanism over and still had the same prob :( do you think that could be the cause then???

I

Innovate Performance

Innovate Performance said:
real silly but the lever is pushed back all the way so it is ready to open the bonnet again cause this will cause this fault.
Sorry could have worded it better i mean the bonnet pull.

The problem is the catch is not lock on the bonnet pin.

So you need to workout why.
Comman causes are:-
bonnet pull not reset,
cable seized,
Latch seized,
bonnet pin seized or miss aligned,

hope this helps. if not use gaffer tape and some prit stick and get your blue peter badge for the effort. :D :lol:

G

GTiRich

hope this helps. if not use gaffer tape and some prit stick and get your blue peter badge for the effort.
PMSL!!!!!! Thats about right. Do you think perhaps bonnet clips or whatever they are called would be a good idea?? The do look 8)

I

Innovate Performance

if you cant get it to close then you will have no choice, you will have to gets some bonnet pins. :)

G

GTiRich

oh dear what a shame :D I will try to get it to close tho (not very har but i'll try) :wink:

I

Innovate Performance

would advise getting the normal lock to work just incase some wa*nker wants to borrow some of you engine parts on a long term basis.

G

GTiRich

I was worried you might say that :( is there not a type of locking pin you can get at all???

I

Innovate Performance

i think you could drill some hole to put small padalocks through to stop the pins being taken out.