Bonnet don't shut 1st time

chrisniss91

[/img]

Whats this black thing, Is it part of the air con :?: Its sticking up fairly high and i reckon its stopping the bonnet shutting 1st time.

MarkTurbo

Bin the aircon :wink: :lol:

Or you could CAREFULLY bend the aircon pipe downwards slightly if the bonnet is hitting it.

A

antilag

chris that pipes so flexable it wud not stop the bonnet closing mate it sounds more like hiteq havent put the latch on the slam panel in the correct place its just 3 12mm bolts at the front undo them a little and raise the unit a few mill tighten bolts back up and try it then

chrisniss91

Tried that antilag and the bolt nearest to me is holding the intercooler in position so basically its fixed like that :?

A

antilag

not sure wat u mean chris but i filed the holes out to give more movement in the bracket

F

flying postman

is your bonnet centred correctly mine was slight out and wouldnt close properly guy at the bodyshop moved it slightly and the bonnet catch straightened it now it closes fine

when u pull the catch inside the car how difficult is it to do ?

chrisniss91

When closed it sits flush on the drivers side but Passenger side its sits a few mm up in the air, Its been like this since the FMIC was fitted. Nothing bad or serious just a bit annoying :?

chrisniss91

antilag said:
not sure wat u mean chris but i filed the holes out to give more movement in the bracket
Basically the ND intercooler uses the braket as a support. Also the FM is bolted underneath, so its wedged basically in place. When i undun the 3 bolts there was no movement at all, this is due to the intercooler being bolted at the bottom of the cooler as well :(

F

flying postman

i had the same problem with mine driver side didnt sit properly but as i said guy hammered the catch on the bonnet and adjusted the rubbers on the front to even it all out have a word with DISCO DAVE see what he can do for u to adjust it think he is still online

O

one Gti-R

Does the intercooler pipe and the Aircon line touch near where your pointing. ???

As from the look of the photo it could be pushing the aircon line up and prevent the bonnet from closing correctly.

Do you use the aircon ??? If not I would suggest getting rid of it all together, you will find that your radiator will get more air and you will lose roughly 15-20kgs or roughly 10pounds in weight from the car.

and most importantly the intercooler piping will no longer push the aircon line up therfore solving you bonnet closing issue.

sypher

agree with ''one GTiR'' if its not too much hasstle for you i would temperary remove the IC pipe and try closing the bonnet as it looks like the hard IC pipe is holding up the air co pipe

chrisniss91

Spent all day fiddling with this found that the pipe has nothing to do with it at all, the bonnet catch looks to me as if its slightly bent on one side. Going to bodyshop tommorow anyway i'll get them to have a look :)

chrisniss91

Fixed this it was the intercooler pipe pushing the air con pipe up.
SO I YES ME :) unclip the big intercooler pipe :shock: pushed the aircon pipes under and put back the pipe and done it up and it shut first time :shock: :lol: 8)

No hassles either thats a 1st :D