Blown my car up

Just blown my dear pulsar up :sad:
Went for a spin and gave it some stick after driving steady for 20 mins and at about 80-90mph shed loads of White smoke came from the exhaust then as I slowed down the water temp went through the roof, starting missing a bit aswell I pulled straightover and checked the engine White smoke was coming from a breather pipe the oil pressure was fine but the oil temp went to near max in no time so I switched it off got towed home. What do u think it is just head gasket or the full sherbang.the heaters was blowing cold also,it is a standard build with standard head gasket I pray to god it's not popped a piston.it was dyno'd to 320bhp
What u reckon boys????

P

pulsarboby

as said above jim, head gasket
the head will need to come off to determine whether theres any further damage to the head itself or the block
if your very very lucky you may get away with a head skim and new gasket

LOL nice way to treat a fellow pulsar owner just advice would be nice not really feeling the jokes even tho i laughed at them :-(

I Know mate Just a Little pissed even tho it was my own fault, ive been to hell and back with it but im still mad in love it is a tool Cant wait to get it back on road :)

Last edited:

red reading

there is advice there........... if your oil temp has gone ott and there was no water left in it you have "cooked it" i personally would strip the whole engine rather than just doing the head gasket as you will probley find you have micro cracks in the pistons as well now, when the head gaskets go, they can and do sometimes take the block out as well (it melts the surface deck on the edge of the liner). now get a sense of humour and take it as jest as it was intended.

there is advice there........... if your oil temp has gone ott and there was no water left in it you have "cooked it" i personally would strip the whole engine rather than just doing the head gasket as you will probley find you have micro cracks in the pistons as well now, when the head gaskets go, they can and do sometimes take the block out as well (it melts the surface deck on the edge of the liner). now get a sense of humour and take it as jest as it was intended.
Yeah no probs gunna get myself a flat in southend for the amount of time i spend there :)
it may take a bit of time to save but i WILL fix it its been emotional

red reading

If it was det then putting forged pistons in and a steel h/g would have done the same, it just takes a bit longer to fail.