Blow through set up

Spikey

Is there any special set ups needed to make it a blow trough set up,
or can i just bolt the maf into the boost pipe (cold side) ?

Has anyone on here got a blow through set up?

skiddusmarkus

Some people ar elookoing at getting a z32 maf casing madeout of alloy as aparently it can break if you put it after the turbo due to it being pressurised.You also hav emore chance of getting oil on the hotwire if you still vent the crank back into the inlet.

Spikey

I can make the Metal tube with the hole to fit the sensor. That's the easy bit, and i know about the oil.
So does the Ecu not need tweaking for a blow through.?

iomegalinux

excuse my question, but what is the advantage of going blow through ? maf reading is more accurate ?
or maybe tuning is easier as you see air just before it goes in the engine, instead of reading the air from 5-6 feet of fmic piping and intake tube ?

williams

I'm guessing most people that are going to be doing this will be using a different or modified ecu, wouldn't it be easier to junk the maf and change to map sensor?

Fusion Ed

I've done a lot of these on loads of Nissans now. For a start if a boost pipe blows off the car still works. Secondly it cures any problems at idle after you come off throttle due to turbo airflow interfering with the maf sensor. Finally it seems to make the car more responsive and consistent, under varying loads.

Spikey

Yeah but also in my case no room for it lol Also it will sound so much better...
Im just looking into making the metal housing for the MAF...