Bleeding the Clutch System.

antgtir

Ok, ive fitted the new piston, seal etc and have come to bleed the system.

My question is, what is the normal procedure for this, same as brakes? or is there some specific's that i need to know about?

A step by step would be great so i dont miss anything.

many thanks in advance.

Ant.:thumbsup:

GTIR-LOZ

you usually need two people, one to fill up reservoir and undo and tighten the bleed nipple and one to pump the pedal, i would fill up reservoir then undo bleed nipple and pump pedal until you get some sort of spring back in the pedal then, do up nipple, push down on pedal and release nipple then when pedal is at the floor do up nipple with the pedal depressed, then repeat, until sorted

antgtir

Ok, sorry for the frenzied thread, i was actually rushing around quite a bit today so was in and out of the job, so actually never had enough time to look at the system.

Anyway it is just like the brake system. As GTIR-LOZ has said its the usual press undo nipple, tighten and depress and so on. The pedal was sticking to the floor and was needing to be pulled up but that was because the fluid had been removed in the piston therefore no force pushig the pedal back.

I have sorted it now and have flushed the system as much as i could, so its all nice new fluid. New slave cylinder piston, seal, etc so no more leak which is a bonus.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ant.