black smoke

GTIR-LOZ

bit of an update but not much lol, oredered a coolant temp sensor, i dont think that is the prob but at 22 quid got to try it first, i serviced the car the other day, new oil and filter and fuel filter and the problem still happend the next time i started it, but since then its stopped, the car seems totally fine,i thought maybe fuel filter was blocked but the fuel seemed clear and i always change it when doing the service maybe leaon you could try a new fuel filter and see if anything changes just to test

Dooie Pop Pop

i found that fpr today :wink:

you dont have a boost leak do you? and have you reearthed the maf? i notice only leon said yes :wink: it wont show a code if its bad :(

GTIR-LOZ

pretty sure i dont have a boost leak, and i reground the maf which gave me an extra 15 miles to a tank :lol: :D i dont particualy want to fit anything until it does it again as i want to know i have fixed it :cry:

GTIR-LOZ

from new i guess but i would have thought the prob would always be there if it was the lambda not on just a cold start

GTIR-LOZ

really easy to remove the fuel line but you will need a clamp to clamp off the pipes to the rail, also prepared to get fuel all over you, once you undo the bolts just lift it up and yeah the crack was easy to spot it was right down the side of the tip of the injector :wink:

GTIR-LOZ

mine has been like a different car since its been fixed really drives well and alot faster as well, even though it kept up with other r's before :twisted: