Black Diamond Discs

Danny S R

Anyone else use black diamoned drilled and grooved discs? :roll:

this is what i found when i washed my wheels yesterday!! think ive got any comeback on em? done about 6000 miles total but i bought em second hand off a member on here, black diamond say it is known for em to do this and i need to contact the original seller!! bollocks :x

OZ-Racing

I was told to steer clear of discs which are drilled and grooved. The drilling can make them really weak and prone to cracking. I guess the proper motorsport ones are fine because of the quality of manufacture, but you get what you pay for.

Just get some grooved discs. I doubt you will be able to get anywhere with regards to claiming warranty or anything. Warranty on component parts is normally only offered to the original owner and somethime only if professionally fitted aswell.

Good luck.

paz

I run them now and they've been on the car for a while, never had any problems *touch wood*

Paz

Dooie Pop Pop

paz said:
I run them now and they've been on the car for a while, never had any problems *touch wood*

Paz
me too *touching :lol: * had mine on for over a yr used daily. im not that late a braker normally but i do use em hard sometimes.

stu

Stevo

i got ebc disc, there are grooved but the drilled holes dont go all the way through, there just an imprint.
sorry to hear that mate :cry:

G

Goldy

Yea i used black diamond discs before and found them to be nothing but trouble. Ended up having the same problem as you mate! A cracked disc! And i hadn't even covered 1000miles! I now use ebc discs and red stuff pads, they seem to be doing the job!

paz

vpulsar said:
Get pagid grooved disc's there very good and well made :wink: .

rob
''... and are available from your local Pagid representative..... which just so happens to be me'' :lol: :roll: :wink:

Paz

O

Odin

paz said:
vpulsar said:
Get pagid grooved disc's there very good and well made :wink: .

rob
''... and are available from your local Pagid representative..... which just so happens to be me'' :lol: :roll: :wink:

Paz

I fitted both front and back pagid disc's and pads on my last R, And found them to be a real improvement over standard and mintex 8) :wink: .

I still have them on the rear of the R I have now :wink: .

But they can't march the big four pot AP's I now have on the front :twisted: :D .

rob

LeeSmith

i'd never touch drilled discs, cos of the problem you have.

But Groved ones are ok, a bit noisey i find, but i can put up with that

Danny S R

think im gonna go with just grooved ones now if anyones got any for sale (see my advert in parts etc) email/pm me, im in need pretty quick, as you can see :lol:

J

John Mc

I've got the same disks as you mate and I haven't had a problem with them in nearly a year :?