Big Brake Problem!!

S

sR20DET

has anyone fittes a set of godspeed big brakes to there R and had clearance issues with the caliper and the wheel spokes?
i have bought a set and i cant even get my wheel on to the hud anymore as the caliper is in the way:doh: ,
was wondering if any one else has had this problem or if they are running the same kit with different wheels/offset.
i have leauge bandits on at the minute but i think i might have to go to a flatter wheel such as an OZ superleggera or chrono.

any thoughts?

dobby

i had to use 3mm spacers for my 285mm kit. if i went for the 310 i wouldnt have needed to. i have the wilwood but its all the same.

m40rcD

got godspeed 325mm discs and four pot calipers. my 17" oz f1 cups needed a spacer just to give a gnats todger clearance from the calipers. i know it is possible to grind the calipers to a more accomodating size (accordng to godspeed) , but i personally went for the spacers.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I also have Godspeed 325mm discs and four pot calipers, I have 17" Lenso S7 rims and have about 3 - 4mm spoke clearance.

S

sR20DET

thanks for the gen, i have measured up to see if a spacer would do the job but the shape of my wheel just isnt going to allow it (am looking at 30-40 mm) so i am going to have to get some new wheels with a flatter back and maybe a slightly bigger offset.

does anyone want to buy a slightly used set of league bandits!!!