bhp and torque????

nismoboy

Ive just recently had a full engine rebuild and now in the process of getting it back on the road. What sort of bhp and torque figures do u think my car will make ?

engine spec-

hks 87 mm forged pistons
balanced bottom end
arp rod bolts
ported polished and gas flowed head with 3 angle cut valve seats
1.2 mm hks steel head gasket
hks 264 cams
trust induction kit
hks front pipe,de-cat and magnex middle pipe with custom made powerflow 5 inch back box
unichip fuel computer
hks fuel pressure regulator
greddy profec b boost controller
pace 2nd generation front mount intercooler
uprated bosch fuel pump
forge oil separator

i am hoping to run 1.2 bar on the standard turbo what sort of figures do u think i will get?

GINGA

Depending on what rolling road you use anything upto 380bhp :shock: but 330-350bhp would be a more realistic figure :wink:

nismoboy

would 380bhp be possible with the standard afm :?: also what sort of torque figures would i get?? thanks nis.

S

Sirnixalot

no the standard MAF can only read 320hp worth of airflow. You will need the 300zx on. And to do that you will need to ditch the unichip
You will also need a set of 660cc injectors. which will again cause you to ditch the unichip

S

Sirnixalot

i calculated the injector size from 380bhp @ 85% duty cycle and @ 3bar fuel pressure

N

N1SMO

i run 1.7 bar on 555cc injectors @3.1 bar fuel pressure and its not even thinking about running lean

S

Sirnixalot

the calcs are reserved. I think he can do with 555cc injectors too but i didnt want to say go with 555's and he pops you knwo what i mean

A

Anonymous

Sirnixalot said:
the calcs are reserved. I think he can do with 555cc injectors too but i didnt want to say go with 555's and he pops you knwo what i mean
always better to keep a bit of spare capacity in reserve.if you tune too close to the maximum,the slightest defect can cause an engine to grenade :cry:

skiddusmarkus

Yeah I agree with that but 660cc for 1.2bar seems OTT and the car would run rich as Unichip can only adjust by +/- 50% fuelling and the 660s are 50% bigger than 440s from the off.

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
Yeah I agree with that but 660cc for 1.2bar seems OTT and the car would run rich as Unichip can only adjust by +/- 50% fuelling and the 660s are 50% bigger than 440s from the off.
sirnix has already said he would need to change the maf and unichip :oops:

skiddusmarkus

Yes,but if he kept the MAF and switched to 550cc's he could keep the unichip for now and run 1.2bar.Can always switch to bigger injectors and MAF if he swaps turbo.Keeps sepnding to a minimum then.There are some tuners that would still run the 444cc's(I presume they raise fuel pressure) so no need to spend any money then.

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
Yes,but if he kept the MAF and switched to 550cc's he could keep the unichip for now and run 1.2bar.Can always switch to bigger injectors and MAF if he swaps turbo.Keeps sepnding to a minimum then.There are some tuners that would still run the 444cc's(I presume they raise fuel pressure) so no need to spend any money then.
each to their own but,imho raising the fuel pressure is not the best way to go.if cost is a major factor in tuning decision making they should leave well alone.

skiddusmarkus

That's true as I've found(and many others)to their cost.I'm going a different route myself but the fella only wants to know what power he's gonna run,not £1500(new injectors,Z32MAF,Apexi FC or similar) of his hard earned spending :lol:

A

Anonymous

skiddusmarkus said:
but the fella only wants to know what power he's gonna run,not
even with the best will in the world,it`ll only be a wild guesstimate :(
power and torque levels will vary wildly due to set up,mapping and which r/road is used.

an experienced operator can give you any output you want :wink:

GINGA

The unichip will be fine for controlling 660cc injectors and +/-50% will be enough as the injectors don't work the way you think they would eg they don't throw 50% extra fuel in from idle to max duty cycle its a steady increase :wink:
To get my 700's to the correct fuelling they were around -20% at low throttle and -20% to -38% on high throttle to get them to the same fuelling as the standards.

K

KrissJ

Out of interest, how much would a rebuild like this cost (including injectors & other parts that everyone's saying you need)?

A

Anonymous

KrissJ said:
Out of interest, how much would a rebuild like this cost (including injectors & other parts that everyone's saying you need)?
i would take a guesstimate at approx 3k depending on the spec.
it also varies wildly depending on where you source your products from.most of the bandits :wink: on here get their stuff from the orient or the usa and get away without paying vat :D