Better Road Springs

Pete Watson

Was out in the 'R' at the weekend and had a quick burst with a bike. Never really pushed my car that hard before but found that in a straight line and under heavy braking all was well...going round bends though quite a different matter. Car is very loose to a point where it feels quite dangerous, i have the following set up:

Whiteline Works Handling Kit
Fr & Rr Strut Braces
Koni Adj Inserts and Whiteline Springs
Bumpsteer Kit

I don't know the 'lbs' of the springs but suspect them to be maybe 30% uprated from std, thought this may be the problem, what do you think?

Cheers Pete

A

ard1ey

I've got pretty much the same kit and I reckon the springs are a bit too hard at the front, also the front end of the car sits too low for my liking. I don't really find the car 'loose', it just doesn't seem to deal with uneven roads very well (and I can ground out the lower strut brace by just hitting the brake :D )
Do you have the adjustable rear sway bar, if so what setting is it on? Also, what alignment settings are you running?

Pete Watson

I do have the adj rear bar, it's on the middle setting.

I have Koni Adj Shocks all round, i can try different settings on these but to me it feels too soft on the springs.

At slow speeds it a hard ride but this is more to do with the shocks i suspect, it's when the speed rises a bit that it feels loose, i get quite a lot of body roll and the wallows in the corners :(

I had the car set up by Powerstation once all the kit was fitted, but i'm not too impressed!!

Rgs Pete

A

ard1ey

I find that on some bends it feels like the back end of the car is rolling - even tho I have the rear bar set on full hard. You could try adjusting the dampers to firm it up a bit - I have about 0.5 - 1 turn from full soft all round on mine, but maybe more is needed. Its a shame the rear pair are so hard to adjust :( .

Pete Watson

I will have a look at the back set up to see what can be adj, my mates 'r' seems a lot more firmer through the corners and he's not had all the work done yet :?