best brakepads?

K

kizzyturbo4x4

need some new front pads that can take a good thrashing.
got uprated standard discs, black diamond drilled/slotted.

whats the best to get then? :roll:
(and dont tell me to get a bigger brake kit, as im allready saving ;) )

K

kizzyturbo4x4

well. so be it then. hope they wont fade away after 5mins like the crap ones currently on.

rishigtir: did you reply to that pm? :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
kizzyturbo4x4 said:
well. so be it then. hope they wont fade away after 5mins like the crap ones currently on.

rishigtir: did you reply to that pm? :wink:

These pads won't fade... Pricey but worth it...

PM...? I'll go check... :shock:

O

Odin

I like the pagid myself :wink: , Found them better than the mintex I had before :wink: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
vpulsar said:
I like the pagid myself :wink: , Found them better than the mintex I had before :wink: .

rob

I'm using the Pagids just now too... But those Mintex ones will work better on the track which is where that car is used often....

Rishi

paz

I've got black diamond pads, with black diamond discs - they're cracking... not literally mind :lol: ;)

Paz

C

Crazy

Mintex 1144 pads all the way, but I hope you do not mind cleaning your alloys regularly as they produce loads of Brake dust compared the the Green Stuff pads but they 10X better (IMHO) 8)

kyepan

pagid, m1144 or the harder m1155, which wont fade as easily, but takes a while to warm up..

do a search..as this has beed discussed..

TBH your best off buying a willwood brake kit as any upgrade to the standard brakes will not change the fact the standard calipers are crap and the disc's too small.

after you have shelled out for pads £50 hoses £60 discs £100 for not much better. you may as well spend the extra hundred and a bit and get the 285mm kit.

O

Odin

kyepan said:
after you have shelled out for pads £50 hoses £60 discs £100 for not much better. you may as well spend the extra hundred and a bit and get the 285mm kit.
I agree as when I bought my pagid set up the front disc's where about £165 and pads where like £50 :shock: , I also got the rear disc's £145 and pads £45 ish.

Mind you them rear discs & pads are all thats left of my old pulsar 8) :lol: . (THEY MUST BE FIRE PROOF) :twisted:

ROB