best A\f ratio?

A

Anonymous

i ma doing the remap of my ecu and would like to know which are the opinions on the best A\F ratio..
i currently run 11,5 at full boost.
any suggestion?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What experience of mapping do you have. If you're asking us then I assume it isn't extensive, and you will be aware it's engine failure territory if you get it wrong.

Try speaking to a mapper, Mark Shead or The Dentist for example and see if they'll point you in the right direction.

Are you planning on doing it on the road (in which case some det cans and a wideband lambda sensor will be adviseable) or just putting the figures in hope they're spot on?

I'd say get a power run done on a rolling road that can check the emissions under load for you to let you know if you're running lean or rich and then you'll have a reasonable idea which way to go from there

Good luck:)

ex-gtir

how do you know your 11.5 then have you a wide band :?:
12 :1 is better for power but your well safe at 11.5

MarkTurbo

Changing the subject a bit :oops:

What are the best wideband afr gauges to use and how quickly do they display changes in the air/fuel ratio :?:

ex-gtir

i use a innovate lm1
changes instantly other wise wouldnt be any good for tunning can be hooked up to show rev verus a/f ratio and will datalog as well if required

S

str_motorsport

i also use the innovate motorsport LM1 with RPM converter...a top piece of kit.
i do my maps with the wideband, link knocking monitor and autometer EGT.i also use a device to control all sensors voltages, water temp,....
for best power 12-12,5 a\f ratioo wiould be best,but for safety you can run the 11,5 A\F ratio.
a ruicher mixture can help preventing detonation.
i usually map my car with 95 ron fuel and run it on 98-99 fuel.
i am thinking of water injection too.
which is a good kit at cheap price?

JIMMYBACK

str_motorsport said:
i also use the innovate motorsport LM1 with RPM converter...a top piece of kit.
i do my maps with the wideband, link knocking monitor and autometer EGT.i also use a device to control all sensors voltages, water temp,....
for best power 12-12,5 a\f ratioo wiould be best,but for safety you can run the 11,5 A\F ratio.
a ruicher mixture can help preventing detonation.
i usually map my car with 95 ron fuel and run it on 98-99 fuel.
i am thinking of water injection too.
which is a good kit at cheap price?
erl water injector is the kit u want.just do a search n u shall find :D