been sat for 4 weeks now white smoke

Godzilla

had to buy a new compression test kit as he old one i got from ebay was crap and leaking plus non of the bits fit ted so had to get them machined anyway im now getting 160psi on all cylinders or 11bar on a dry test anyway i guess i can rule out piston rings and all that jazz so got to be turbo oil seals right,

Godzilla

could i possibly be looking at pcv pipes being shat up so thatys why im getting oily air sucked back into turbo hence why it only does the smoke occasionally on full boost, been looking on youtube and some guy had that problem on a 300zx

Fusion Ed

I have had engines produce fine compression tests but still been balls-ed internally. Its most likely to be the turbo but dont rule out anything else.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
andy what did it cost them to have it upgraded to 360 and would uprating it sort the problem aswell like changing what has gone be part of the upgrade anyway,
Sorry, missed this reply.

Not sure about a 360 conversion cost?

I know you'll get better spool from a 360, but it will cost a lot more than £250.
From what you've mentioned it sounds like the turbo seals than anything else.

As Ed has mentioned there should be no play in the turbo.

Godzilla

also noticed the bov doesnt sound as high pitched a it used to i think as being a numpty when took the dash out i also unpluged the bost gauge and drove it to the garage with out the vacum pipe attached . only went slow as i thought it was in limp mode anyway is there a chance this could be where its come from , think iv knacked the bov as a tiny puff off smoke or something came out the passengers side vent when i got to the garage, just trying to cancel everything out before i get a new turbo ,just dont see why it would do it all of a sudden just because it was sat for a few weks,

Godzilla

I will do but I'm not sure the turbo is goosed as last couple days not noticed the smoke on boost , but bov still sounds soft ,going to give it another week see if it's stopped or not