Bearings supplier deal eg. bumpsteer, wheel

boucherie

i dont suppose anyone knows if they already have bearings suitable for use as wheel bearings as my osf front needs doing but if i can get a set of 'upgraded' ones then il get a matching pair.

failing that does anyone know where i can get some better wheel bearings from?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Last time I spoke to them they belived they had sourced a wheel bearing kit for our car. Lee siad he had spoken to STeve about it so I don't know if he knows anymore. Failing that, contact them yourself and mention the GTIROC/this thread etc as they are nice blokes and interested in setting up a deal for us.

Jim

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Offer Open To Paid Members Only

I have been in discussion with ABC about the various bearings they may or may not be able to supply for the R', on the proviso that I can get 10-15 buyers I have managed to negotiate a special price for wheel bearing kits.

These kits, which are suitable for REAR & FRONT axles are available for the KNOCKDOWN price of £23.75 + VAT each.

Normal list price for this kit is £59.30

At the moment delivery is going to be 14 days at the least.

Also please note that these kits are GENUINE OEM manufacturers and not cheap Chinese copies.

So, who might be interested and how many do you want.

Steve

O

Odin

stevepudney said:
I have been in discussion with ABC about the various bearings they may or may not be able to supply for the R', on the proviso that I can get 10-15 buyers I have managed to negotiate a special price for wheel bearing kits.

These kits, which are suitable for REAR & FRONT axles are available for the KNOCKDOWN price of £23.75 + VAT each.

Normal list price for this kit is £59.30

At the moment delivery is going to be 14 days at the least.

Also please note that these kits are GENUINE OEM manufacturers and not cheap Chinese copies.

So, who might be interested and how many do you want.

Steve

I'll be having at least two kits off you old fella, And if I rebuild the non ABS hubs I have, I may even have another 4.

Rob

boucherie

Thunder God said:
I'll be having at least two kits off you old fella, And if I rebuild the non ABS hubs I have, I may even have another 4.

Rob
il have four as well, who do we call to sort it out??

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
boucherie said:
il have four as well, who do we call to sort it out??

If you read my post, it says

on the proviso that I can get 10-15 buyers I have managed to negotiate a special price for wheel bearing kits
I need at least 15 kits sold to secure a really good price on these bearings. So please add your names + how many bearing kits you want to the list below. As soon as we have the required amount then I will get in touch with ABC to sort out the group buy. The more we order the better price I will be able to secure.

Rob = x 2
boucherie = x 4

boucherie

does anyone know what the part numbers for the bumpsteer kit and wheel bearings is as i need to order up a set as the original bumpsteer kit i brought has got loads of play in it, which wasnt an ideal way for me to be introduced to a track day!

Braveheart

Excuse my ignorance but what does a kit consist of.
Is one kit for one wheel?

Editted as I have had another look at the thread and think a kit consist of the following:
GAXSW14x1.5MS x 2 @ £ 28.59 £ 45.14
MRDW14 (side spacer) x 4 @ £ 1.20 £ 1.38

RDDS8 (dust cover) x 2 @ £ 2.20 £ 2.53

I'd therefore be interested in 2 kits.

Last edited:

youngsyp

These are the ones you'll need: GAXSW14x1.5MS. Make sure you specify the 'MS' part as, these are the higher quality bearings that should last longer !

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
There were never enough takers to warrant the price I got Stu.....

I will need to speak to the supplier soon anyway re. a bulk buy of more track rod bearings, so I could start it up again........

Jonesy

kirko said:
i have contacted them to buy some bearings for the kits i have left over,
i will then be in a position to supply complete kits with the top quality bearings
and dust covers
i have deleted some of my messages by accident so if you are wanting a bumpsteer kit pm me again
Are these kits still available ? has many people used them ? I've done a bit searching saying they fail quite quickly, but was that using different bearings from these.
Cheers

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
You must remember that the track rod bearing should really be considered a service item, the GAXSW14x1.5MS bearing is the BEST we can get for our car atm. The GAXSW14x1.5MS bearing should last a couple of years though.

The problem is the Nissan Jap spec track rod is a metric M14X15 tp thread, all the best bearings (Rose & NMB) are not available in that metric size as they are mostly made in imperial sizes for the American market.

Kirko might have some of his kits left

But if not I will be producing a kit to sell on to club members an ebay in the next few weeks. I will be doing some experimentation into thread sizes etc to see if we can get to use the better spec Rose or NMB bearings as ironically they are cheaper as well as being better spec

Steve

Jonesy

Sounds good bud, just jacked the car up its the ball joint thats goosed on mine anyway, so i'll hang off and see how you get on making them in the next couple of weeks.
Cheers