battery

nismo-400R

hi guys,got abit of a problem,when i go to start the car up in the mornin its alwayz like the battary is flat,all the lights come on but when you go to start it makes that sound as battary flat,i got a new battary for it monday and it woz fine till wednesday and started doin the same,i looked at the battary and its says 35amp is it the right ampage?or do i need a stronger one?as i can only get a small one in the space,thakns in advance

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It could be the alternator not charging, possibly the starter motor terminals needing cleaning up or maybe even the battery connections abit loose.

nismo-400R

i tested the alternator and its charging fine,connections are fine aswell,havnt tried starter wires though,someone told me i need a higher ampage battary 35amp is to small

youngsyp

Whats the cold cranking capacity of the battery ? This is a more useful figure than the one you're giving.

What voltage is the battery without the engine running, and with the engine running ?

It could be that you've bought a duff battery, it's happened to me before so, don't think it's hugely uncommon.

warringtonjack

If its draining in a few days without being driven, something is draining it. The 2 best bets in my book, are your alarm, or also check the boot light. My boot light got stuck on and it used to drain the battery in a couple of days before I finally found it. :roll:

McDaveMP5

If you have a power drain, measure it.

I had one of about 0.17A.
It was going to my alternator (disconnect the red wire on top of it and see if the drain goes away...) This is possibly due to a malfunctionning diode bridge within the alternator (solution: rebuild). Due potentially because a great load was put on the alternator at one time (just before your problem started to arise, could be your alternator trying to charge an almost-flat battery).

Hope these help.

--McDave