battery move ??

R

r5ben

ive seen batterys in the boot and the link on the site to do this but ive all so seen them moved to one side of the engine more near the engine so you can get the filter to the front of the car ??
has anyone done this ?? :roll:

A

Anonymous

r5ben said:
ive seen batterys in the boot and the link on the site to do this but ive all so seen them moved to one side of the engine more near the engine so you can get the filter to the front of the car ??
has anyone done this ?? :roll:
send me your e-mail addy and i`ll send you a couple of photo`s.they`re about 400 odd kb iirc.

R

r5ben

i dont want to put it in the boot :roll: ive seen them moved to one side from the std place so you can have the filter at the front (back of the head light ) :? just dont know how they have fixed the battery down becouse the old battery tray is not that big ??

A

Anonymous

r5ben said:
i dont want to put it in the boot :roll: ive seen them moved to one side from the std place so you can have the filter at the front (back of the head light ) :? just dont know how they have fixed the battery down becouse the old battery tray is not that big ??
mine isn`t in the boot :wink:
it`s a micra battery,same as a pulsar`s,and it`s been turned slightly.it`s been bodged to sit in place by a tuner :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Don't totally discount it-the boot's ideal really as it frees up loads of space in the engine bay and allows for new induction piperuns/airboxes/whatever.It sits quite nicely in the space where the tool tray goes.
That's where mine is at the moment but I'm moving it to behind my seat to keep it central.

I know Hiteq do a kit that just swaps the battery and airfilter locations, not sure how much it is. Am looking into doing this myself and reckon it can be done with the original pipework if you chop it about a bit and maybe use some samco hosing to extend a couple of bits... :D