bad starting from cold??

gtirjoey

okay, i had this problem for couple of weeks code read today showing no fault codes present. basically it takes alot of cranking from cold to get it to fire and when it does i have to leave idle for roughley 30 seconds otherwise it will stall. thinking of changing engine coolant temp sensor. jus thouht i see if you guys had any ideas. cheers

johnsy

i aint no expert but if your in the uk thats not a good grade

and you want 100% ester oil

i use motul 3oov chrono 15w40 (i think) that 0 you got is too low and you need a higher grade than 30

changr it asap dont go out boosting at all you dont no wot damage your causing.

give us some more info on mods you have

gtirjoey

okay mate cheers for advice but still not sure this woud cause it not to start,
mods include, 87mm je pistons, heavy duty copper mains, big end bearings, hks 2mm head gasket, helix clutch, syner g segmented flywheel, gt28r, front mount intercooler, walbro pump.... waiting to be fitted z32, 550cc injectors and power fc.

youngsyp

johnsy said:
i aint no expert but if your in the uk thats not a good grade

and you want 100% ester oil

i use motul 3oov chrono 15w40 (i think) that 0 you got is too low and you need a higher grade than 30

changr it asap dont go out boosting at all you dont no wot damage your causing.

give us some more info on mods you have
That's too thick when cold mate.

Best to try a 5w40 or 10w50, depending on how hot your oil gets when using the car hard.

If it stays below 130 degrees C and you only very rarely see temps of above 110 degrees C, 5w40 would be best for cold start protection.

Check the gaps on your plugs (should be 0.6mm to 0.7mm ideally) and the battery may also be the issue. Get it load tested.

How long does it take to warm up and idle normally ? What rpm does it idle at when cold ?

Paul

gtirjoey

it is litarally a few seconds really mate, to be honest it seems although its flooding up but once started left to idle for a few seconds a slight blip of throttla and its fine. thats why i was thinking more in the lines of an ect sensor??

youngsyp

gtirjoey said:
it is litarally a few seconds really mate, to be honest it seems although its flooding up but once started left to idle for a few seconds a slight blip of throttla and its fine. thats why i was thinking more in the lines of an ect sensor??
It's worth a try but, your oil is still way to thin and should be fully synthetic.

Paul

P

pulsarboby

what grade plugs you got in there joe?
put some 7s in as that will help cold start.
you may also have a dicey cold start device.