Bad oil leak

dencon

Urgent help needed. 3 events in next 10 days booked. On the last run at Castle Hill climb last sunday my car suddenly developed a re ally
bad oil leak. It is around the filter area. Thought it was the filter seal blown out, but having fitted new filter and new oil it seams to be still leaking somewhere. Up on hoist with engine running nothing leaks out, but having just got it up to temp and given it a few full blast
launches, it now seems to be leaking somewhere around filter area, although not as bad as last Sunday, but too bad to take to Wiscombe on
Saturday.
Question is, how many places around this area could oil come out under pressure.?.

red reading

On the filter housing there is four bots that hold it to the block, that is sealed on the flow and feed by two o rings, the housing itself then has an oil temp sender,oil pressure sender and a low pressure switch that screw in on tapered threads, and on the side of it there is a water oil heat exchanger that is sealed again by two o rings....take your pick den!

dencon

Danny, thanks for quick reply.
Ive got no plate or oil cooler, but by the way that the oil shot out at Castle it is on the pressure side. Looks like the engine will have to be dropped as its all impossible to get at.
Will drop front 3" pipe in the morning to get a bit better look. Would I be able to remove complete housing off without dropping engine?.

red reading

Yes you can its a bit awkward but perfectly do able, I had to do one before when I snapped the thread off fitting a sandwich plate.

dencon

Thanks. Can you remember what you had to remove to get at the bolts. Its a few years since Ive seen the back of the block.

MarkTurbo

What a nightmare this close to wiscombe Den :doh:

If you need any bits I'm off work tomorrow so you can always give me a ring.

dencon

Thanks Mark.
I will have a go in the morning to get it off. Sounds a bit messy with a mixture of oil and coolant. Where would the best place to get O rings quickly? Will let you know if I,m
fit for Wiscombe.