bad brakes

R

r5ben

im brakes on the R have started to go crap :shock: they work but theres no stoping power anymore theres a pedal there but its realy hard ?? and its just not stoping the car fast anymore
ive got drill and groved disks on and uprated pads but im thinking thats not the prob :roll: could it be the servo ? etc theres no leaks with air or fluid

R

r5ben

cant you tell ive just typed that fast and not looked at it b4 i added it :oops: :D :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

Sounds like it could be a calliper problem. Possibly a piston has siezed, so have a look at them first.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
To check the servo, with the engine off, press the brake pedal down and start the engine. You should feel the pedal drop abit when the engine starts. Also make sure you're not trying to brake on boost as they need vacuum to work.

G

gtir drew

this sounds similar to my car. i checked all the calipers first they work, the servo seems to be fine and the vacume pipe + valve is ok so i am pritty sertain it is the fluid, i would say its proberbly never been changed in my car.

so that what i have planned for next weekend.

if u r going to check the whole brake system i would definatly recomend changing and blleding them