Auxillary Belt Replacement

Smo

Hey guys - the monkeys that replaced the waterpump in my R have tightened the Aux Belt so much it's rediculous and as a result when you build the revs the belt whines louder which is doing my nut in. Slackening the belt the slightest just makes it slip and we all know what that god awful noise is like!

So it's looking like a replacement belt - my question is are they easy to get hold of? I'm assuming its the same as an SR20DE aux belt and therefore I could quite happily pick one up in Halfords?

Cheers.

J

jpward

Smo said:
Hey guys - the monkeys that replaced the waterpump in my R have tightened the Aux Belt so much it's rediculous and as a result when you build the revs the belt whines louder which is doing my nut in. Slackening the belt the slightest just makes it slip and we all know what that god awful noise is like!

So it's looking like a replacement belt - my question is are they easy to get hold of? I'm assuming its the same as an SR20DE aux belt and therefore I could quite happily pick one up in Halfords?

Cheers.
Go to your local factors, one i got was for a manero or something its 6ply so slips less than the 4ply (non AC belt) 830 long or close to that from memory ;-)

M

madmax

ive got a spair 4ply belt but i have put a 6ply on mine i would recomend doing that to,