Ashills dyno results.

Fusion Ed

Went with Allen to have his car tested at Surrey rolling road this afternoon.

Basic spec:
800cc injectors at roughly 4 bar rail pressure.
Norris forged engine
FMS 3071
Remapped FMS standard ECU.
2.5 inch exhaust

Clutch wont take any more than this. The power peak at the end was due to more ignition, but that had to be removed from the mid range to help reduce clutch slip. With an uprated clutch there would be much more available from this car.

Keira

that reminds me to send the log book off....:doh: :lol:

good results chaps, shame about the clutch

nismoboy

good result, well done, what boost where u running? what clutch was it? and what u going for now? twinplate?

ashills

i hope to try 2 bar at some point have to see how things go
dont spend to long on here mate ull buy another now u are evo less lol

Keira

i could probably find him one.....:lol: after all i convinced you to buy 2 of them you never really wanted :lol:

GINGA

8)
Not much chance of buying anything for a while as I've decided I really need garage or at least a driveway to work on whatever I buy next, which means it'll be attached to a house so I probably won't be able to afford anything for a while (about 25 yrs :lol: )

Keira

i've got a garage you could have aswell...:lol:

not to mention parking space for at least 4 of the shitters...i could start a refuge for former 'r' owners :lol:

GINGA

diesel weasel said:
i've got a garage you could have aswell...:lol:

not to mention parking space for at least 4 of the shitters...i could start a refuge for former 'r' owners :lol:
:lol: could be like a R rehab centre where you dump your car off when your at the point of smashing it to bits, then collect it again once you've calmed down and the skin on your knuckles has regrown enough to commence work again.

Keira

working on the r is called 'character building'

i actually kicked fook out of numerous things that were lying about whilst i put the first engine back in that car allen has now when i first got it...had a right old temper tantrum :lol: throwing tools, swearing at it, i was half pissed from the night before which didn't help matters either

zia

great result's allen.800cc with 4 bar pressure :rain: ... what pulse width you using?.

zia

Fazz

Nice result indeed.

Is that the Torque line too? about 380 foot pounds is it??
Peak torque is very late isn't it??

Has this a set of cams?

Fusion Ed

Peak torque is quite late, it could do with more ignition before this point to be honest. Injector duty is about 77% @ 4 bar rail. Q45 voltage is peaking around 5 volts.

Ed

PaulB

no quaife huh !

all that on a standard gearset, good luck. you make me want more power now ! !

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Micra Ed said:
Peak torque is quite late, it could do with more ignition before this point to be honest. Injector duty is about 77% @ 4 bar rail. Q45 voltage is peaking around 5 volts.

Ed
What sort of advance are you running in the mid range and at high revs.

I've been going super safe recently to asecrtain the knock level through out the rev range (rather than you've got a noisey engine) but think I'm being too safe. I've not touched it for a while but at 1.8 Bar its about 8deg mid range but once past 5500 can quickly ramp back up to 25 again.

TBH I've been sorting out too many other things on the car of late which is why I put a safe ignition map on but I'd be interested to know what typical advances you shoot for.

Jim.