arr knock sensor,afm,fuel pressure reg vale

O

oz_R_Jr

hey guys!!

I did a code check and it always comes up with 34 knock. since i got it!
someone said it may have something to do with the power chip in the ecu!
i did abit of a trip! and the car played up!! at the last bit! after 290kms of drive no stop! it was goin like a dream before the trip! even on the trip! until the end of it!! it jumped around! coughing and stuff check engine like came on! yeahh would the nock sensor do that!????????? after a lonngg trip!!!
and the fuel reg vale! if they were playing up!! when dose it happen!! dead cold or hot!! someone siad it may bit it!! i clean the afm last week abit dirty!! but yeahh! could even be the afm??? man! a gti-r is a really sweet car! nice to drive and good pick up! im runing on 12 psi! but i need it to be 100%. look at all the simple stuff! plugs leads! replace coil!! i carnt afford to dyno (rolling road it!) it only happen after a trip! :cry:
it would cost! $$$$$$

yeah you have any ideas!????
thanks for your replies!

A

AJ4

If the knock sensor is broken, it wil put the ECU into 'limp home' mode with some of the symptoms you describe. Best advice is to change the knock sensor and see if that cures it...

O

oz_R_Jr

ohhhh man~!!! i just price a knock sensor!!! u wont belive how much!!!
340buck there abouts!!

for that lil pissie thing!!! nearly fell over. bloody nissan :? . yeah i carnt under stand it takes 260 + kms to make the car playup!!! yeahh gota have a think about it. see if i can get that under warrnety that came with the car!.
this how much you pay for yours?? if yours has played up!

J

jiw

Bought one last year for around £170, give MJP a call on (+44)01277374201 :wink:

O

oz_R_Jr

$350 aust! how much is that in F.
yeah the dude at power chip, said its not goin to afect it. i put the san tool from a car workshop on it! and it was advanceing and when it his boost it comes back down! yeah like it should! soo he said dont wast your money! the nock sensor on a sr only works between 1500 to 2200 something like that!(carnt remember what he said! around there) hi up in the rev range they are loud soo it cuts out soo he said!

when it did it! it felt electrical!!! like the taco bound around when i backed off!!! misfireing like a barsa#d. it would still boost! if i put my foot down!!! but wouldnt pick up as good. and sort of misfireing when on boost hard to tell.
while doin this the check engine like was on!!